Moving house without a checklist is like going to the store without a grocery list. It can be done but you will end up totally disorganized and without half of the things that you need. A moving house checklist will provide you with the framework to keep you on task during the planning process and it will make the process so much easier.
Below is a list of items to consider if putting together your own moving house checklist or as a reference point of tasks to mark off during your house move.
Major Tasks to Complete
- Find and hire a removalist to assist you in moving.
- Prepare to disconnect the electricity, phone, and other utilities.
- Prepare to change your address with a notification service.
- Before moving in your application has been approved
Ref. link for application: https://www.qld.gov.au/housing/renting/moving-in/
Planning for the Move
- Create a list of any items that you need to take with you.
- Perform a backup on your computer’s hard drive to ensure that no files are lost during the move.
- Have your medical records on hand to show to your new doctor and dentist. Get these records on any pets that you have as well so that you can give them to your new vet.
- Pack items early that you rarely use (as many as 3 weeks before moving day).
- De-clutter and donate or sell unwanted items.
- Prepare any fixtures or fitting for the move to your house.
- Plan for the financial aspect of your move. You will need cash on hand for moving day and sufficient funds to use for a removalist service.
- Has your car serviced especially if there’s a long journey to your new address?
- Arrange storage, if necessary, for items that you will not be taking to your new house right away.
- Make a list of each box and what it will contain. Update it periodically if you add new items that are not listed on your list.
- Plan for any care that your children and pets will need during the move, e.g., food, medication, and adequate entertainment.
- Plan to have the electricity, phone, and gas reconnected in your new house.
- In case you are looking for reasonable removalists, then you will not look further. You should simply let us know what you need, then leave the rest to us. Fill in our quote form for a free http://www.proremovalistsbrisbane.com.au/
Some people may only move once or twice in their life whereas others may move house every few years but either way, there is usually a time and cost factor when you move house but fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to prepare yourself in good time ahead of your move to reduce many of the unknown factors as well as reduce the subsequent stress factor.
Use the following moving house tips for your next move;
1) Get out the pen and paper and make a list of the things to do
Compile a checklist of the removalist companies you need to notify of your house move and make sure you notify them in good time, especially if you need post redirected. A list of things to do will help you maintain perspective on the situation and keep you proactively working towards checking off each item on the list.
2) Use your packing as the perfect opportunity to have a spring clean of your things.
As you begin to sort out every item in your house you could benefit from the chance to throw away junk items that may have mounted up over the years and give clothes that may no longer fit you to charity or your friends and even sell unwanted items on eBay.
Pro Removalists Brisbane
• Address: Level 1, Factory 1, 51 Mollison St, West End, Qld 4101
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 07 3555 7911
You can follow us on: